Why do you need to get a business headshot or update your personal portrait?
- Social media is such a huge part of business these days, it’s important you look professional in your business head shot.
- Selfies look cheap and unless you’re Kim Kardashian, probably isn’t the image you’re hoping to portray.
- Your headshot is essential to your visual communication – head shots are used on social media and everywhere on the Internet
- Great head shots give you a professional appearance now more than ever.
- A professional head shot will make you stand out from the crowd, no matter how photogenic you are – particularly if you’re an actor/singer/model.
- You change – people change their look, not just through ageing, so update your portrait every 18m to 2 years.
A lot is conveyed in the portrait you choose to show your target audience. Pre-planning is essential, plan your clothing, girls plan hair and make up – some photographers can book hair and make up artists too or book book a blow dry before your shoot. Guys need to decide if they want to be clean shaven, have a bit of stubble or be in full hipster mode. Which you go for and whether you are in a jacket and tie will depend on the industry you work in. The clothes you pick will be different for a barrister than a web designer and you may want to wear your work outfit if it’s relevant, such as a chef in chef’s whites. I can even do a shoot with your team in your kitchens.
I do regular business portrait sessions, for groups I can come to your place of work or organise a group session with staggered appointment times at either my Hampshire studio (in The New Forest, near Lymington & Brockenhurst) or my London studio (between Kingston & Wimbledon, Surrey). It doesn’t take very long and once I’ve established what look you want I will work with you to make you look your best.
Business portrait sessions start at £50 for a session and include at least one retouched digital image, depending on the package you go for.
These sessions are also suitable for dating website profile photos (I do a LOT of these now that everyone seems to have professional shots on their profile!)
Please do get in touch for more details.
I hope to see you soon!
This is Erin’s new business portrait, owner of Kingston Doula (www.kingstondoula.co.uk), above is her before and after shot.